Oklahoma City is a great place to live. Oklahoma City has seen an increase in population over the past few years, and people are moving to the city for exciting job opportunities as well as new experiences offered by its many attractions.
Here are some of the benefits you’ll find living in Oklahoma City:
1) Attractions – Thanks to amenities like the Chesapeake Arena and Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark, Oklahoma offers lots of entertainment options such as sports games, concerts, festivals and more! There’s always something going on.
2) Affordable Housing – The housing market in OKC is more affordable than it is other major cities like Dallas or Chicago. Compare home prices and rent prices online , and you might be surprised!
3) Diversity – With a population of more than 1.5 million people and 115 languages being spoken, Oklahoma City is one of the most diverse cities in America . With groceries from around the world, restaurants featuring food from every culture, and businesses with employees representing many different backgrounds, you’ll never be bored here!
4) Outdoor Activities – Whether you like to hike at the OKC National Wildlife Refuge or take on a new obstacle course each weekend at Urban Assault , Oklahoma has something for everyone.
5) Great Schools – In addition to great public schools, parents can send their kids to top-rated private schools , which include Bishop McGuinness Catholic High School as well as Casady School . To see how other private schools in OKC stack up, check out this list from Niche .
6) Entertainment – There are fun options for every age. For example, children can go to Classen School of Advanced Studies or Oklahoma Kidz , while their parents can enjoy an evening at the Chesapeake Energy Arena (for a concert or game), Boathouse District , or Bricktown !
7) Affordable Utilities – When you live in OKC, you’ll notice that your utility bills are lower than they would be if you lived elsewhere. Plus, a recent study showed that Oklahoma City is the most affordable place to raise a family when housing and living costs are combined!
8) Transportation – With state-of-the-art transit systems like EMBARK, getting around OKC is easier than ever. EMBARK connects to other transportation systems (such as airplanes and trains), so it’s easy to plan a trip anywhere in the country.
9) No State Income Tax – What do you do with an extra couple thousand dollars each year? Go back to school, take a vacation , or maybe just send your kids to summer programs at Classen SAS !
10) Excellent Health Care – Thanks to world-class health care facilities like INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Center , your family will have access to some of the best health care professionals available. There are also several urgent and pediatric care centers throughout the city.
Additionally, Oklahoma City was recently ranked as one of the top 100 places in America to live by U.S . News and World Report!
Choosing a place to call home is important, but you’ll never regret moving to Oklahoma City–no matter where you end up in the city, there’s always something fun to do!